8 tips to make your house smell fresh 🌼
1. Open the windows every morning for 5-10 minutes. 🏘️
2. Put 2 tbsp of baking soda in little containers in every room. Baking soda is known for neutralising bad odours.
3. Clean your carpets. This can be exhausting and expensive especially if you have children 👶 or pets 🐕. We've found that mixing baking soda with few drops of your favourite essential oil 🌺 and spreading it on the carpet about an hour before hoovering (the longer the better) can do the trick!
4. Empty your bins regularly🗑️. It can be tempting to wait for your bin to be full before emptying it but it can quickly become a source of a bad smell in your house!
5. Wash your bedding and towels regularly🧺. Everyone has their own routine but if you have kids or pets sleeping with you, it's best to wash your bedding more often. Wet towels in the bathroom can quickly spread the dump smell.
6. Clean the fridge. It's important to get rid of spoiled food and spillages immediately to avoid bad smells. Once that's done, put your favourite citrus🍋 peels in the fridge and replace them weekly (our favourite is lemon or orange).
7. Use candles 🕯️ or wax melts. Once you got rid of the bad smell in your house, you can use your favourite candle or wax melt and enjoy freshness for longer!
8. If you find that you have to clean carpets, mattresses or wash bedding more often than you want to, try using PeapodMats - washable bed pads that are 100% leakproof and will save you lots of cleaning! 💦